|Ageless Summit - a Free Online Event|
The Ageless Summit is a FREE online event that brings some of the world’s leading health experts straight to you. You will get practical, hard-hitting, innovative advice on how you can improve all areas of your life. The tips and strategies shared by these leaders can be put to use immediately so you can start living your best life ever.
This is the first Summit of its kind to take on Aging from a whole new perspective!
You won’t hear Anti-Aging here…..Anti-Aging implies Aging is a bad thing to be avoided!
Not true at all, we believe Aging is normal, beautiful and full of opportunities.
We have brought together experts from various disciplines as we approaching the concept of aging from a whole new perspective.
Aging is not to be feared or avoided, but appreciated and embraced.
We have speakers who will inspire and educate you and maybe expose some of the Ageist myths you are still holding.
We encourage you to join us for 5 days from June 20-24th as we hear from Olympic medalists to 90 year old world record holders!
To register for the free, online event visit: Ageless Summit. Disclosure: we are NOT an affiliate nor receive any compensation for posting this link.
Dr. Dan Ritchie - Website
- PFP Trainer of the Year 2014
- Lynn Fellow, Purdue University 2003-2004
- NSCA Research Grant Recipient, 2005-2006
- Fall Proof Instructor Certified, from California State, Fullerton, 2006
- 2005-2007 Student Affairs Committee, ACSM
- 2005-2007 Board Member Midwest American College of Sports Medicine
- 2008 Nominated for ACSM Board of Trustees
- Enhance Fitness Master Trainer for State of Indiana 2007-current
- Regular Contributor to the CBS Local Morning News 2012
- Nominated for Small Business Owner of the Year 2012
- Has presented at Athletic Business, ACSM, NSCA, DCAC, NCOA
Bryan Adair - Website
- Bryan Adair is a 46 year old “regular guy”. He joined the U.S. Marine Corps after graduating high school in 1988. He became obsessed with health and fitness during those early years. His drive to always seek out the truth rather than simply believing what the magazines and celebrities say turned him into the “go-to source” of information for his fellow Marines, family, and friends.
- In 2011, he opened a gym and started helping others achieve their health and fitness goals rather than just answering their questions. Soon afterward he was asked by a client to work with her elderly mother and father, both in their late 70’s. He discovered a real heartfelt joy in helping that couple improve their standard of living by improving their functional mobility.
- Seeing firsthand the devastating effects of poor aging he’s become very focused on helping as many men and women as he can age successfully.
Marc Middleton - Website
- Marc Middleton is founder and CEO of Growing Bolder, one of the leading voices in the active lifestyle movement, and a multiple Emmy Award-winning broadcaster and journalist, documentary filmmaker, magazine publisher, adventurer and world-class Masters athlete. He is the co-host of the Growing Bolder® TV and radio shows, executive producer of Surviving & Thriving TV, editor of Growing Bolder® Magazine, author of Rock Stars of Aging®, and director, videographer and writer of the feature-length documentary film Conquering Kilimanjaro.
- Marc became one of the media industry’s very first bloggers, filing daily online blogs from the 2000 Sydney Olympics for a network of broadcast affiliates. He was one of the first to recognize the power and influence of the rapidly growing 50 + audience and the coming cultural shift that would change everything we thought about the possibilities of life after 50. Determined to position himself at the intersection of emerging technologies and the impending age wave, Marc walked away from a news anchor job in 2006 to launch the multi-platform Growing Bolder network. Since then, Growing Bolder has built one of the world’s largest libraries of active-lifestyle content, producing shows for all platforms and custom branded networks for the retirement and healthcare industries.
- Marc is a competitive masters athlete, holding national championships and world records in short- and long-course swimming and a bronze medal from the 2012 USA Masters Track & Field Championships.
Bill Shafer - Website
- Bill Shafer is Executive Vice President of Growing Bolder.
- Among many duties, he is cohost of the critically acclaimed Growing Bolder® TV and Radio shows, and associate editor of Growing Bolder® Magazine. He is an Emmy-nominated broadcast veteran of four decades, in which time he has been a TV news anchor, sports director and feature segment host. He is nationally respected for creating powerful stories that aim for the heart. He has the remarkable ability to look into people’s lives and reveal powerful and meaningful lessons of courage, determination and inspiration. Bill is a popular speaker and emcee at numerous charitable events. He also volunteers as a coach and mentor for youth hockey players.
The Ageless Health Experts
Ashton Applewhite - Website
Talk Title: Agelessness? No thanks!
- What is ageism?
- How ageism affects self-esteem and sense of self.
- Where ageism comes from—in ourselves and the world at large.
- Who benefits from ageism (medical and commercial interests that profit hugely by framing aging as an illness to be cured or problem to be “fixed” or process to be “stopped”).
- How ageism diminishes our prospects and weakens the social fabric.
- Why our goal should be health, not youth (aka “agelessness”).
- Why embracing aging as a natural, inevitable, and powerful process is infinitely preferable to chasing the punitive and unattainable goal of “staying young.”
- Why we need a movement to make discrimination on the basis of age as unacceptable as any other kind —age pride!
Dr. Carolyn Dean - Website
Talk Title: It's Malpractice if you Don't Recommend Magnesium!
- Magnesium is necessary for 700-800 enzyme processes in the body.
- Magnesium is necessary for making ATP – the energy molecules in the body.
- It’s not in our food supply in sufficient quantities.
- Up to 80% of the population is deficient.
- Magnesium deficiency is responsible for dozens of health conditions that are misdiagnosed because of lack of proper magnesium blood testing and mistreated with drugs – that only make the magnesium deficiency worse.
Evan Brand - Website
Talk Title: it’s not you, it’s your adrenals: how chronic stress affects your brain, mojo and motivation and what you can do about it
- you’re built for 3 minutes of stress, not 30 year mortgages
- parasympathetic vs sympathetic nervous system
- what is adrenal fatigue
- why is there confusion about adrenal fatigue? what actually happens with the hormone levels?
- hippocampus gets eaten by cortisol, leads to brain degeneration, memory problems
- how adaptogenic herbs, meditation and float tanks can heal the stress response
Dr. Lauren Beardsley - Website
Talk Title: Thyroid Health – A Doctor and Patient Perspective
Bullet Points / Questions to discuss:
Bullet Points / Questions to discuss:
- How common is thyroid disease?
- What are the most common symptoms?
- Can it be hard to diagnose? How is Hashimoto’s Thyroid Disease diagnosed?
- Is there more of it now than in the past?
- What are the main causes of it?
- Who is most at risk?
- Why do women get it more than men?
- How can someone know if they have it?
- Is iodine good or bad for the thyroid?
- Are there any foods that can help the thyroid?
- Can I eat “goitrogenic foods”?
- Is Gluten my problem?
- How much recovery is possible?
- Do natural thyroid medicines work?
- Do people need treatment for life?
Talk Title: Maintaining Your Vitality
- How can you optimize your hormones based on what you eat?
- How can you optimize your hormones based on your exercise?
- How can you optimize your hormones based on sleep patterns?
- How can you optimize your hormones based on meditation?
- What do you see as the single most important variable in healthy aging, if someone can only do one thing to improve their healthy aging?
Debra Atkinson - Website
Talk Title: Working Out With Your Hormones After 50: The Secret to Flipping 50
What *is* “flipping 50”?
- What hormones interfere most with getting toned, tight, and burning fat?
- Why is that menopause threshold such a game-changer for fitness strategy?
- How do you interpret signs and symptoms of hormone interference to plan your best defense?
- What’s the best type and timing of exercise for boosting energy and beating Fatigue?
- What nutrition mistakes sabotage your success when you cross the hormone Threshold?
- Can you really get toned, tight, and fit after 50 – even if you’ve never been there?
- Where is the best place to start if you’re a newbie or starting again?
Josh Henkin - Website
Talk Title: Restoring Natural Movement and Balance
- Josh Henkin is a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist. He has been in the fitness industry for 20 years. In 2005 Josh created his Dynamic Variable Resistance Training (DVRT™) program and Ultimate Sandbag™ as an innovative way to look at functional training. The Ultimate Sandbag was the first specifically designed functional variable resistance trainer of its kind.
Dr. Steven Park - Website
Talk Title: Sleep & Breathing: The 2 Keys to Optimal Health
- Why proper sleep quality and quantity is a matter of life and death
- 5 simple steps to dramatically improve your sleep quality tonight
- A surprising, but simple answer to cold hands and feet
- Your best and worst sleep positions
- How bathroom trips at night are not related to bladder or prostate problems
- How this one common health problem that raises your risk of dying by cancer by 5X normal is usually ignored by the medical community
- How you can stop breathing 30 times and hour and not have obstructive sleep apnea
- Why dermatologist’s advice for women with wrinkles can be deadly
- How to prevent premature aging, starting inside your mother’s womb
- Why certain cultures have perfect teeth, no cavities, and are healthy, without fluoride or floss
- One simple test and treatment that could potentially give you 20 more years of life
Dr. Aubrey de Grey - Website
Talk Title: How Medicine May Eliminate Aging
- Dr. de Grey is the biomedical gerontologist who researched the idea for and founded SENS Research Foundation where he is the Chief Science Officer and Co-founder. He received his BA in Computer Science and Ph.D. in Biology from the University of Cambridge in 1985 and 2000, respectively. Dr. de Grey is Editor-in-Chief of Rejuvenation Research, is a Fellow of both the Gerontological Society of America and the American Aging Association, and sits on the editorial and scientific advisory boards of numerous journals and organizations.
Wendy Myers - Website
Talk Title: How Mineral Defficiencies Are Destroying Your Energy and Weight Loss Efforts
- Wendy Myers, FDN, CHHC is a functional diagnostic nutritionist and certified holistic health coach in Los Angeles, Ca. She attended the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York and has a degree in Entrepreneurship from the University of Southern California. She is certified in Hair Mineral Analysis for the purpose of designing Mineral Power programs for clients to correct their metabolism and reverse illness with detox and customized targeted nutrient therapy. She is currently seeking her masters in clinical nutrition.
Shawna Kaminski - Website
Talk Title: How To Lose Weight After 40
- Shawna Kaminski has been a fitness professional in the industry for over 25 years. She has a Bachelor of Kinesiology and Bachelor of Education in addition to a number of fitness certifications including a Master Turbulence Training certification. She was a schoolteacher for 20 years. Then she decided to pursue her passion in the area of health and fitness exclusively. She’s owned a small group training studio and multiple boot camps. Currently she owns and operates Calgary NW Fit Body Boot camp.
Kay Van Norman - Website
Talk Title: Is Ageism Sabotaging Your Health
- Kay Van Norman is an internationally known writer, speaker and wellness consultant committed to promoting lifelong vitality and translating the global need for healthy aging into business development opportunities for diverse industries. Founder and President of consulting firm, Brilliant Aging, she directed the Keiser Institute on Aging for 3 years, and currently serves on the International Council on Active Aging and American Senior Fitness Association boards.
Dr. Jonny Bowden - Website
Talk Title: Why High Cholesterol Isn’t Your Problem. And What Really Is?
- Jonny Bowden, PhD, CNS, also known as “The Nutrition Myth Buster” ™ is a nationally known board-certified nutritionist and expert on diet and weight loss. He has appeared on the Dr. Oz Show, Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, and CBS and has contributed to articles in The New York Times, Forbes, The Daily Beast, The Huffington Post, Vanity Fair Online, Men’s Health, Prevention, and dozens of other print and online publications.
David Hackett - Website
Talk Title: How to Be You. Designing a Life of Significance.
- Dave “Hackman” Hackett (born David Jude Hackett on November 12, 1960) from Malibu, California is considered by the specialized media and his peers as one of skateboarding’s true pioneers and legendary riders. He has been featured in just about every single book of Skateboardings’ history and in several major skateboard films, videos and movies including the Multi-award winning documentary “DogTown and Z-Boys”. And “Day at the Pool”.
Talk Title: The Increasing Value of Goal Setting, Risk Taking and Failure As We Age
- Rowdy Gaines is a 3-time Olympic Gold Medalist and considered the international Ambassador for the sport of swimming. Rowdy was recently voted one of the 30 most influential people in the history of swimming and will be broadcasting a record 7th Olympics for NBC in Rio. Now 57, Rowdy still competes in masters competitions and is the fastest-over 50 swimmer who has ever lived.
Barbara Hannah Grufferman - Website
Talk Title: Freaking Out at 50: How my fears turned to fortune
- Recently named “Best Blogger of 2015” by Huffington Post for her articles focusing on positive aging, Barbara Hannah Grufferman is also an inspirational host for AARP ‘s popular web series: “The Best of Everything.” She is author of “The Best of Everything After 50: The Experts’ Guide to Style, Sex, Health, Money and More” and a nationally recognized expert on positive and healthy aging. Her next book will be published by National Geographic in 2017. Grufferman writes a highly regarded front-page column for Huffington Post, a weekly column for AARP, is the ‘Positive Living Expert’ for GLOW Health & Wellness Magazine, and is Bone Health Ambassador for the National Osteoporosis Foundation, as well as a trustee. Barbara is proud to be the national spokesperson for Red Heart Yarns and Always Discreet. She is a frequent guest on national and local radio and television shows. Her message to audiences is simple: “We can’t control getting older . . . but . . . we can control how we do it.”
Lisa Lynn - Website
Talk Title: A Prescription for Healthy Aging: Manage your Metabolism, Lift Weights, Eat Less and Avoid Injury.
- For the past three decades, Lisa Lynn has served as not only a fitness and weight loss coach and expert, but also an advisor to celebrities and leaders around the country. She has become a recognized authority on the metabolic issues that affect our bodies, as well as the psychology of the power of our beliefs as it pertains to physical, mental and spiritual health. These forces can transform lives, not just the body.
Denise Medved - Website
Talk Title: “No Kidding! Neuroplasticity Can Be as Simple as Child’s Play!”
Talk Title: 5 Actionable Tips for an Ageless body, Fat Loss, and Boundless Energy after 40.
- Denise Medved is the founder and creator of the Ageless Grace program. While she has taught people of all ages, body types and all abilities – from children to athletes, from dancers and non-dancers to golfers – Denise specializes in movement for those who believe their movement is restricted. She is passionate about helping them find that not only can they move again with comfort and ease, but that their bodies can feel better and that they can experience a greater quality of life. She works with those over 55 years old, those with chronic illness and those recovering from physical injury and surgery.
Erin Nielson - Website
Talk Title: 5 Actionable Tips for an Ageless body, Fat Loss, and Boundless Energy after 40.
- Erin has been a treating Physical Therapist for the last 18 years and is also a Certified Pilates instructor and Primal Blueprint Certified Expert. Her true passion is to spread the word that we can all optimize our gene expression to not only look younger, but for fat loss, boundless energy and a pain free life. Erin is 42 years old and most people think she is still in her 20’s – she is living proof her program works…