|The Metabolism Summit - Free Online Event|
Today, many health professionals feel that a healthy, well-functioning metabolism is a key component of optimal health and optimizing the metabolism will not only help with weight loss, but also plays a role in reducing inflammation, upgrading sleep, boosting immunity, advancing brain function, reducing stress, improving mood, helping hormones and preventing chronic disease.
To view this event for free from February 1 to 8, 2016, sign up at The Metabolism Summit. Disclosure: we are not an affiliate nor compensated in any way for this post.
James LaValle, RPh, CCN - Website
How to Crack Your Metabolic Code
- Carbs: best time to eat them and optimal serving size
- Importance of sleep to metabolism, thyroid and hormones
- Path to optimizing the 5 “Vitality Networks” to heal the metabolism
Dr. Phil Maffetone, DC - Website
Turning on Your Fat Burners
- How to stop counting the wrong calories
- Are you carbohydrate intolerant? Take the 2-week test!
- Optimizing the aerobic system to exercise smarter, not harder
Bruce Fife, ND - Website
The Perfect Fat for Fat Burning
- How low-fat diets fueled the obesity epidemic
- Best fat for pressing the reset button on health and metabolism
- How coconut supports thyroid, digestive and oral health
Marc Bubbs, ND, CSCS - Website
7 Metabolism-Boosting Secrets to Burn Fat and Look Your Best
- How to burn belly fat
- Is your testosterone low?
- Is low-carb the right diet for you?
David Jockers, DC, MS, CSCS - Website
Reignite Your Metabolism with a Sugar Detox
- Develop the mindset of a Sugar Buster
- Get rid of hidden sources of sugar
- Consume more fat-burning superfoods
Leo Galland, MD - Website
The Allergy Solution for Weight Loss
- Connection between allergies and weight gain
- Top triggers for allergic weight gain
- The “Powerwash” for healing allergic weight gain
Tom O’Bryan, DC, CNN, DACBN - Website
Is Gluten Holding Your Metabolism and Brain Hostage?
- Science shows that gluten intolerance is real, not a “fad”
- How wheat/gluten can lead to pathogenic intestinal permeability
- How giving up gluten could potentially save your life
Ann Louise Gittleman, PhD, CNS - Website
Belly Fat: Could It Be Parasites?
- Hidden trigger to weight gain, anxiety, and sugar cravings
- Common parasites affecting metabolism: warning signs and symptoms
- Key foods and supplements to eliminate parasites and keep them at bay
- Importance of bile for metabolism and digestion
- Signs of poor bile function and how to protect your gallbladder
- Food allergy connection to gallbladder trouble
Wendy Myers, FDN, CHHP - Website
Two Reasons Why Your Metabolism is Sluggish and How to Fix It!
- Answers to many of health issues can be found in your hair!
- How heavy metals and mineral depletion can impact your metabolism
- Impact of metals and mineral deficiencies on our thyroid and adrenals
Christa Orecchio, CN, HHC - Website
Common Gut Insults and How to Overcome Them
- 5 steps to healing your gut issues
- “Terraforming” your gut!
- Reseeding and healing leaky gut
Could Our Microbiome Hold Our Metabolism and Weight Hostage?
- Impact of the microbiome on metabolism
- Signs that point to an unbalanced gut
- Tips for optimizing gut health
Jack Tips, PhD, CCN - Website
The Hidden Persuader: Guess Who's Whispering in Your Cells' Ears
- Relationship between your microbiome and health
- The gut-brain connection
- Foods and spices for a healthy gut
Mark Houston, MD, MS, MSc, FACP, FAHA, FASH, FACN, FAARM, ABBARM - Website
The Top Metabolic Dysfunctions that Cause Heart Disease
- The “Heart Attack Myth”
- Metabolic pathways that lead to heart disease
- Tips for lowering our risk of heart disease
Terry Wahls, MD - Website
Food as Medicine to Overcome Chronic Symptoms
- How Dr. Wahls reversed her progressive MS
- Reasons why autoimmune diseases are on the rise
- The critical importance of feeding your cells
Travis Christofferson, MS - Website
Tripping Over the Truth: The Metabolic Theory of Cancer
- History of the metabolic model for cancer
- Inconsistencies and low success rates in the genetic model
- Is it a recurrence or new case?
5 Metabolic Pillars for Mental Health
- Blood sugar regulation and mental health
- The gut-brain connection
- All about nutrition, sleep, exercise and moods
Kurt Perkins, DC, CCWP, FMT - Website
5 Key Pillars for Healthy Metabolism
- The impact of elevated stress and cortisol on hormones and cholesterol
- Insulin resistance: weight gain, nutrient deficiencies, toxicity, aging and fatigue
- Chronic inflammation and immune system dysfunction in metabolic dysfunction
Ben Greenfield - Website
Does Cardio Make You Skinny Fat?
- How to properly fuel your workouts
- How to properly recover and eliminate free radicals
- Is cardio good for the metabolism?
Kevin Gianni - Website
When a Healthy Diet Isn’t so Healthy
- Getting sick from eating “too healthy”
- Importance of functional lab tests and what they can reveal
- Coffee, is it good or bad for you?
Josh & Jeanne Rubin - Website
What is the Metabolism & Ways to Heal a Damaged One
- Thyroid-adrenal-metabolism link and the role of glucose and cortisol
- Understanding the right carbohydrates (and frequency) for fuel
- Using temperature and pulse to assess metabolism and thyroid
Janie A. Bowthorpe, MEd - Website
The Thyroid: Jedi Master of Our Metabolism!
- How “Stop the Thyroid” madness came to be
- Role of your thyroid in metabolism
- Thyroid testing and symptoms
Patrick McKeown, MA(TCD), DipBM (Prof KP Buteyko), FBPI - Website
Is Mouth Breathing Messing with Your Metabolism?
- Mouth breathing and its effect on weight, stress, sleep, circulation
- How to switch to nose breathing
- The 5 steps to better oxygen use
Lauren Noel, ND - Website
Turning the Right Hormones On (and Others Off!)
- Understanding the biochemistry of fat loss
- 6 fat-burning hormones and how to turn them on
- 3 fat-storing hormones and how to turn them off
Andrea Beaman, HHC, AADP, CHEF - Website
Natural Ways to Heal the Thyroid to Achieve Your Ideal Weight
- How chronic dieting can lead to weight gain and thyroid disease
- The connection between food, emotions, stress and your thyroid
- How the thyroid “talks to” your metabolism
Ameet Aggarwal, ND - Website
How Liver Detox Can Restore Harmony to Energy and Emotions
- How your liver impacts digestion
- Response to food sensitivities, inflammation and leaky gut
- Ways to detoxify your liver
Jeffrey Smith - Website
Hidden Ways GMOs Can Devastate Your Health
- What is a genetically modified organism (GMO)?
- Impact of GMOs and environment and health
- Tipping point for removing GMOs and pesticides from our lives
Damon Gameau - Website
A Hidden Food That’s Silently Stealing Your Health
- How does an “average” amount of sugar impact health?
- Sugar hidden in “healthy” foods
- What happens when you remove sugar?
Max Lugavere - Website
Upgrade Your Brain by Optimizing Metabolism
- Sugar’s impact on your brain health
- Metabolism and nifty brain hacks
- How to slow your biological clock
Gudni Gunnarson - Website
7 Steps of Transformation
- Build awareness: it’s the first step for transformation
- Responsibility means forgiveness (and how to forgive yourself)
- Create your future with advancement